REVIEW: 2022 TOYOTA SIENNA:
AN ELEGANT AND HI-TECH PEOPLE MOVER
The new 2022 Toyota Sienna has received excellent reviews from experts who evaluated the new look and feel of the interior and the stylish exterior of this fashionable minivan. If you actually thought that the minivan look was dated, this is your chance to see how high the bar is for this segment in 2022. Boasting an aggressive exterior, plenty of practical tech features – such as the power sliding doors on the LE and the power tilt/slide moonroof available with the slightly more expensive XLE, the Sienna was already off to a great start during our evaluation of the car, even before getting to the more expensive trim levels and packages.
Its refinement, bold exterior accents and impressive hybrid capabilities are some of the main high points of the brand new 2022 Toyota Sienna. Due to its appearance, technology and performance, the Sienna looks to take Best Minivan of the Year, where it goes up against the Honda Odyssey, Chrysler Pacifica and Hyundai Carnival.
A look at the all-new interior of the 2022 Toyota Sienna
There are five different trim levels for the new Toyota Sienna, and yet even the most affordable of them shows remarkable balance when it comes to its interior and hi-tech features. First, it’s worth pointing out the impressive amount of space that you get even if you choose the uniquely long and impressively comfortable available captain chairs for the 2nd row. The comfortable amount of space is complemented perfectly by a well-calibrated four-zone climate control system available with the Sienna minivan. This system will enable you to adjust the temperature with great accuracy for yourself and anyone sitting in the passenger seat, the captain’s chairs or the backseat area.
The sporty exterior styling is a good match to the lavishing luxury of the new interior, which boasts such unique features as the Driver Easy speak for communicating with everyone in the back without taking your eyes off the road, the 9-inch touchscreen for the infotainment system or the 1500W cable which enables you to power anything from a slow cooker to a high-powered pump for quickly inflating your air mattress during a camping trip.
There is no shortage of entertainment and tech integration when it comes to the new Sienna. Connectivity for the 2022 Toyota Sienna is ensured with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Amazon Alexa, and a 10-inch display is also added along with a 360-degree camera on Platinum models. The XLE already comes with a surprisingly strong audio system with eight speakers, while the more expensive trims will provide you with a stronger, 12-speaker JBL audio system fully equipped with integrated navigation. If you want even more entertainment, you can also opt for the high-end Rear Seat Entertainment Center which allows you and your family to view your favorite movies and shows in 1080p HD quality.
How safe is the new Sienna?
Safety is one of the top advantages that is responsible for the 2022 Toyota Sienna ranking so high within its segment. The car has standard Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which will help you out when another vehicle enters the car’s blind spot – an extremely important safety feature for longer vehicles such as minivans. The rear seat reminder is equipped with sensors and a system that will notify you if you leave precious cargo in the backseat or cargo area. Also, you have a highly advanced airbag system with 10 airbags and a LATCH system that is essential if you plan to use it as your main family car. Also, it’s worth pointing out that all the most important driver assist features, like lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control, are available as standard features on the 2022 Toyota Sienna.
Let’s consider the available trim levels.
• Of the five trim levels, the Sienna LE is the most affordable and has the most basic lineup of features, but it still manages to impress. The LE comes with an 8-seat layout as standard, which is great for families that are looking for affordable minivans with seating for lots of kids and pets. It also has remote keyless entry, dual power sliding doors and many of the best hi-tech safety features of the 2022 Toyota Sienna as standard.
• The Sienna XLE adds some quality and a few additional tech features that are great for added comfort. You get hands-free power sliding doors, an 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support and heated front seats with seatback pockets.
• If you opt for the Toyota Sienna XSE, you’re in for a surprising treat when it comes to performance and sport features. This trim introduces a stylish set of 20-inch dark wheels, sport-tuned suspensions and seven USB ports and the Toyota Safety Sense system provided as standard.
• With the Sienna Limited you have your first taste of the premium 12-speaker audio system and the leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats. There are also tech features distinctive to the 2022 Toyota Sienna and its luxury-oriented attitude, which include the hands-free power liftgate and a handy 7-inch multi information display (MID).
• The Sienna Platinum is quite obviously the best of the best. It features the 10-inch HUD and birds eye view 360-degree camera, along with such advanced features as heated 2nd row captain’s chairs, chrome roof rails and the electronic on-demand AWD system.
Saving fuel costs and riding in style.
Anyone who has heard of the well-known Toyota Prius knows that Toyota puts a great deal of effort into fuel economy, and this hybrid minivan is no exception. While the comfort and tech features of the Sienna are off the charts, its hybrid powertrain doesn’t lag behind, being able to use the consistency of a brand new 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and outshining last year’s 3.5-liter V6. Basically, the same system used in the RAV4, this system is able to produce an impressive 245 horsepower while maintaining an EPA-estimated 36 mpg for highway fuel economy. Unsurprisingly, the remarkably high rating it gets as an economic vehicle is largely responsible for the massive success that the new 2022 Toyota Sienna is currently enjoying.
The 2022 Toyota Sienna and the entire lineup of new Toyotas is available at Toyota of Dartmouth, in Dartmouth Ma.